Lemon and Garlic Olive Chicken
This easy to prepare, low maintenance supper dish is will impress family and friends alike. Ingredients can scaled up or down to serve as many hungry tums as you are presented with! Serve hot with potatoes and vegs of your choice or cold with a crispy salad.
Ingredients per person – All available on Bishopthorpe Road!
From M&K Butchers
- 1 chicken quarter on the bone (alternatively, use on the bone chicken pieces; 2 to 3 per person)
From Costello’s Good Food Shop
- 25g garlic stuffed olives
- ¼ - ½ preserved lemon
- Splash of olive oil
- Grind of salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200 C / 180 C Fan / Gas 6
- Place the chicken in an oven proof dish or roasting tin
- Rinse the preserved lemon under the tap and cut into quarter lemon size pieces
- Dot the lemon pieces and olives evenly around the chicken
- Add a splash of olive oil and grind over the salt and black pepper
- Cover with a lid or tin foil and cook for between 30 and 45 mins depending on the size of the chicken pieces. Baste occasionally and leave uncovered for the last 15 mins of cooking
- Serve, enjoy and take the compliments!